Bus Information 2015-16
The bus program, which has been managed by volunteers since parents initiated the service in 2003, is officially under the direction of the school, managed by the Office of Student Life.
The guidelines originally articulated by the parent leadership will remain the same:
- parents who use the service bear the cost of the service
- bus service is offered to neighborhoods where there is sufficient interest to make service viable
- responsibility for chaperoning the bus to and from school will be shared equally among all families using the bus
Bus stops for the 2015-16 school year are listed below. The number of buses, the neighborhoods served and the exact routes/stops for each bus are determined in conjunction with the bus company based on several factors, including safety and where families live in relation to one another. Parents should anticipate that stops will change each year based on these factors.
- Black: Paulina/Wellington
- Red: Diversey Harbor & Hudson/Menomonee
- Orange: North/Astor
- Yellow: Seeley/Giddings & Hermitage/Sunnyside
- Green: Roscoe
- Blue: Sheil & Byron/Southport
- Purple: Belden/Racine
- Pink: Hermitage/Berteau & Berteau/Greenview
- White: Lakewood/Schubert
FAQs and More Information
Children in all grades, K-8, participate in the bus program. Buses arrive at school in time for the 8:30 am start and depart at 3:40 pm Monday – Thursday and 2:50 pm on Fridays.
We have committed to the school that a parent will ride each bus at all times. All parents of children riding the bus are required to share the responsibility of “chaperoning” the bus. The total number of days each family chaperones is approximately six to eight per school year, depending on the number of families with children on the bus. Chaperoning guidelines and schedules are published well in advance.
Parents – and children – will also be asked to sign and adhere to a discipline agreement before they may ride the bus. Repeat violators of the discipline agreement will lose bus riding privileges.