Mission and Goals
The Schools completed their once-every-five-year evaluation by the Sacred Heart Commission on Goals in November, 2012. The visiting team of educators from around the Network compiled a Reflection from their four-day visit. Read the overwhelmingly positive report here.
Sacred Heart Schools on Sheridan Road - the Academy of the Sacred Heart for Girls (founded in 1876) and Hardey Preparatory for Boys (founded in 1935) - are independent, Catholic, single-sex elementary schools committed to academic excellence within the context of a Christian community. Sacred Heart Schools welcomes students of all races, religious beliefs and socio-economic backgrounds. This educational mission is deeply rooted in the 200-year tradition of the Society of the Sacred Heart and shared with the Network of Sacred Heart Schools located on every major continent, including 22 schools in the United States.
Goals and Criteria
The essence of this educational vision and tradition is articulated in the Goals and Criteria of Sacred Heart schools in the United States:
- Goal One: A personal and active faith in God
- Goal Two: A deep respect for intellectual values
- Goal Three: A social awareness which impels to action
- Goal Four: The building of community as a Christian value
- Goal Five: Personal growth in an atmosphere of wise freedom