“The Schools’ constant attention to improving the facilities only enhances the fine education that Sacred Heart provides for the children.” - Janet Lougee, parent of alumni
1928 Main Building
Sacred Heart Schools' campus is located on Sheridan Road, overlooking Lake Michigan in the Edgewater neighborhood of Chicago. Five distinct buildings, totaling nearly 145,000 square feet, comprise the two-plus acre campus.
Sheridan South, an air-conditioned four-story classroom addition completed in 2004, connects the historic 1928 Main Building (Sheridan North) with the Campbell Gymnasium. It’s 33,000 square feet contain 12 classrooms, a library, computer labs, science labs and a large multipurpose room.
Through the generosity of the Driehaus Foundation, renovation was completed in 2010 on the historic Conway House at the south end of our campus. The Driehaus Center at the Conway House hosts the Schools' Institutional Advancement Department, including offices of Admissions, Communications and Development. It also serves as an event space.
Library: All Sacred Heart students regularly use our extensive library, which contains more than 14,000 volumes.
Computers/Lab: At Sacred Heart, technology is an intrinsic part of the instructional process. Our 1:1 program provides devices for all middle school students. The school has a variety of technology resources dedicated to student use including iPads, Chromebooks and laptop mobile carts. There are also interactive projector/whiteboards in every classroom and one for use anywhere on campus. Our computer lab for grades 1-6 has networked stations available for classroom projects.
Campbell Gymnasium: The double-court gymnasium encompasses 23,000 square feet and has locker room facilities for boys and girls. It has newly updated lighting and sound systems (for performances and productions) and retractable basketball backboards for a full high school sized basketball court.
Three Outdoor Playgrounds: All students have daily recess on one of our three enclosed playgrounds, totaling 17,000-square-feet.
Art Facilities: Sacred Heart has two music labs, three art studios with a shared kiln and a fully equipped stage for plays and concerts.
Lunchroom: The renovated cafeteria has flexible seating for 240.
Chapel: The renovation of the Schools' original chapel was completed in the fall of 2008. This spiritual space provides a quiet place for meditation, prayer and liturgies.
Science Labs: The Schools have four science labs, fully equipped with scientific supplies, laptop carts and interactive Promethean Boards.