Core After School Program
Sacred Heart Schools offers a “Core” After School Program that provides a safe place for any child, K-8, to stay after school until as late as 6 pm Monday-Friday when school is in session.
Parents can pick up children staying in the Core After School Program by coming through the Portry and signing them out. A free snack is provided to all children staying in the Core Program and snacks are also available for purchase through the Bookstore.
- For Hardey and Academy students in Grades 1–8, the Core After School Program began the first day of school - September 4.
- The Core After School Program for Kindergarten students began September 9.
- Core After School starts immediately at the end of the school day and ends at 6 pm.
- Any child not picked up at dismissal by Monday-Thursday at 4 pm and Fridays at 3 pm will automatically go to the Core After School Program.
All students in Grades K – 8 are welcome to attend the daily After School Program. Middle School students attend Study Hall from 3:45-5 pm as part of the Core After School Program. The program will not be available during scheduled school breaks or holiday vacations.
On Meet the Teacher Day, if your child is in Grades K-5, be sure to tell your child’s classroom teacher that he/she will be staying in the Core After School Program and on what days of the week. Your child is always welcome to stay in the Core After School Program.
Fee: There is no cost for the Core After School Program.
- Supervised study/homework time
- Outdoor play/recess time
- Peer tutoring
- Computer time
- Fun and games/seasonal activities
- Arts & Crafts and Cooking Projects
Feel free to e-mail Christy.Crandall@shschicago.org or call her at (773) 262-4446 to let her know that your child will be staying in the Core After School Program or to receive more information.