Parents of the Heart
All parents of Sacred Heart Schools are members of the Parents of the Heart (POTH).
The mission of Parents of the Heart (taken directly from our bylaws), in keeping the with five Goals and Criteria of the national Network of Sacred Heart Schools, is:
- To sponsor activities to raise unrestricted funds for the Schools;
- To create community among families by providing opportunities to participate in social activities at the Schools;
- To provide opportunities for members to participate in community service activities; and
- To work in conjunction with the Schools' administration to provide education and enrichment opportunities for parents through workshops, lectures and seminars on timely topics.
POTH meetings are held monthly and are approximately one hour in length. Besides current parents, Nat Wilburn (Head of Schools) and other Administrators attend the monthly meetings. Topics of discussion are centered on volunteer opportunities, news of the students' academics, community service projects and school social events. Childcare is provided during each meeting for a nominal cost. All parents are encouraged to attend and participate.
Events Sponsored by POTH
- L'Esprit du Vin
- L’Esprit de Sacré Coeur
- Angel Brunch - June 9, 2013
- New Parent Welcome Coffee
- Parents of the Heart Retreat - March 22, 2013
- End of the Year Luncheon - May 16, 2013
For more information on how you can volunteer, visit the Volunteer Opportunities 2012-13.