Why Sacred Heart?
We nurture the whole child in the context of the whole world.
We have the freedom to develop a modern and remarkable curriculum that is not only exceptional academically, but also responds to what the world needs now more than ever - respect, compassion, generosity, grace, intention, justice, and hope. As a result, our students enjoy the experience, are confident and competent, and they recognize a world beyond their own needs.
Our education is not meant to turn the children out small and finished, but seriously begun on a wide-basis. Therefore they must leave us with some self-knowledge, some energy, some purpose...If they leave us without these three things they drift with the stream of life.
Janet Erskine Stuart
An In-Depth Look at the Goals and Criteria
- Goal I: A Personal and Active Faith in God
- Goal II: A Deep Respect For Intellectual Values
- Goal III: A Social Awareness Which Impels to Action
- Goal IV: The Building of Community as a Christian Value
- Goal V: Personal Growth in an Atmosphere of Wise Freedom