Building on Tradition... Creating a living masterpiece of Catholic independent education expressed in the Sacred Heart tradition.
‘Let us leave acts behind us, not just words.’ - St. Madeleine Sophie Barat
Click below to view the Strategic Plan
School life on Sheridan Road has blossomed over the last decade and a half. Sacred Heart has perhaps never been as well-positioned as it is currently to meet the individual learning needs of each student and carry out its mission as a Sacred Heart school. The Schools are unique in the Chicago area, as we are situated in the strong academic and governance traditions of the independent schools while grounded in the educational mission of Catholic faith. The confluence of these two worlds is the strength of our institution and provides a wonderful opportunity for our future.
Over the past two and a half years, we have examined every facet of SHS. We have engaged in:
- Two intensive year-long self-studies in all areas of school life by faculty, staff, parents and students
- Outside evaluations by Visiting Teams from the Independent Schools Association of the Central States and the Society of the Sacred Heart
- Analysis by independent experts on campus safety, facilities planning, governance, marketing and advancement
- Research and benchmarking in areas of academics, finance, institutional advancement and governance
- Input from the Sacred Heart Schools family – parents, alumni, parents of alumni, faculty, staff and Religious of the Sacred Heart -- via surveys, focus groups and interviews.
Enlightened by these results, and by the 200-year history of Sacred Heart Schools, the Strategic Plan was crafted. The resulting new Plan can be read in its entirety in the flipbook at right.
It is formed around three pillars, or strategic goals: