Board of Trustees
The Board of Trustees has the responsibility, in consultation with school administration, for setting school policy, maintaining the Schools’ financial health and selecting the Head of Schools. The Board is accountable through the Sacred Heart Commission on Goals to the United States Provincial Team of the Society of the Sacred Heart for operating the Schools according to the Goals and Criteria of Sacred Heart Education. The Board is composed of no more than 30 members, three of whom must be Religious of the Sacred Heart. The Head of Schools and President of Parents of the Heart (POTH—the Schools’ organization of parents) are ex officio members.
The Board meets as a whole five times per year and operates through several standing committees. Each board member serves on at least one committee. Committees include:
- Executive Committee
- Audit & Risk Management
- Enrollment Management
- Governance & Nominating
As is typical of independent schools, the Board is self-perpetuating, meaning that it elects its own new members. Criteria to be considered includes diversity of talent and background, willingness to serve and perform the duties required, prior efforts on behalf of the school and conformance to the guidelines for makeup of the Board as set forth in the bylaws. Board members are diverse in their talents and backgrounds, but share a common devotion to Sacred Heart and its mission as expressed through hard work and generosity.
Providing a remarkable education that both educates and builds character by joining tradition with innovation, timeless values with a modern, exemplary curriculum.
Sacred Heart is deeply committed to St. Madeleine Sophie Barat's founding vision of providing a transformative education that reveals God's love for each person. Our core values inspire our graduates and our entire community to be guided by faith, passionate about learning, committed to service and justice, engaged in building community, and dedicated to personal growth.
As a Catholic, independent school, we have:
- Undergone two intensive year-long self-studies in all areas of school life held, which are held every five and seven years
- Been affirmed in our dedication to mission by the Society of the Sacred Heart
- Been reaccredited by the Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS)
- Opened the first Sacred Heart-Sheridan Road preschool for 3- and 4-year-olds
- Undergone analysis by independent experts on campus safety, facilities planning, and governance
- Engaged and utilized independent research in the areas of enrollment and marketing