Creating a living masterpiece of Catholic independent education expressed in the Sacred Heart tradition
School life on Sheridan Road has experienced a renaissance in the new millennium. Sacred Heart has never been so well-positioned to support each student’s individual growth in intellect and spirit. Grounded in both the academic and governance rigors of the independent school world and the traditions and inspirations of the Catholic faith, we are unique in the Chicago area. The confluence of these streams is the strength of our institution and provides a platform for an even better future.
Over the past several years, we've engaged in:
- Two intensive year-long self-studies in all areas of school life by the Board of Trustees, faculty, staff, parents, students, alumni and Religious of the Sacred Heart
- Outside evaluations by visiting teams from the Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS) and the Society of the Sacred Heart
- Analysis by independent experts on campus safety, facilities planning, governance, marketing and advancement
- Research and benchmarking in areas of academics, finance, institutional advancement and governance
- Mission: Deepen our life in and commitment to the Goals and Criteria and mission of Sacred Heart education on Sheridan Road and in the Chicago area.
- Academics: Develop and strengthen academic and extracurricular programming, and strengthen facilities to support and enhance school programming
- Governance: Ensure excellence in governance and maintain financial strength and fiscal soundness