Faculty and Staff Appreciation
PARENT-SPONSORED FACULTY & STAFF
HOLIDAY APPRECIATION BREAKFAST/DINNER 2019-2020
On Tuesday, December 10, 2019, Parents of the Heart will continue our tradition of hosting the annual holiday breakfast and dinner celebrating the Schools' faculty and staff. The cafeteria will be transformed into a festive holiday setting, and our guests will enjoy a buffet breakfast with holiday cheer and surprise gifts. A special holiday dinner in the evening honors the schools' night-time staff.
This event takes the place of individual gifts to teachers and ensures an equitable distribution of "holiday cheer" among faculty and staff. Donating to it is the preferred method of saying "thank you" to all the wonderful people who touch our children's lives. Please consider giving a cash donation, gift-in-kind, and/or volunteering your time. It is an entirely volunteer-driven event, so we need your help to make it a success!
Please contribute to this event at www.shschicago.org/facultystaffappreciation
If you wish to donate a gift-in-kind or to send in a check, please drop off/send your gift to the Development Office, Attention: Heather Yap.
This event is shortly after the Thanksgiving holiday. Due to this timeline, adherence to the Wednesday, December 4 deadline for donations and volunteer registration is greatly appreciated.
FACULTY & STAFF HOLIDAY APPRECIATION BREAKFAST/DINNER FAQ
What is the Faculty and Staff Holiday Appreciation Breakfast?
- The breakfast – scheduled for Tuesday, December 10 at 7:15 am in the cafeteria – is organized and hosted by Parents of the Heart. Parent volunteers will be needed as early as 7 am.
- Food is catered and rounded out by delicious baked goods made by parent volunteers.
- It takes the place of individual gifts to teachers and ensures an equitable distribution of “holiday cheer” among faculty and staff. It is the primary vehicle for Sacred Heart parents to express gratitude to the faculty and staff during the holidays for their work on behalf of our children year-round.
- Each guest will receive a cash gift and a small Sacred Heart item. Each guest is also entered into a special drawing for a parent-donated item, such as a stay at a vacation home, an iPad or tickets to a sporting event.
What is the Faculty/Staff Holiday Appreciation Dinner?
- The dinner honors night-time staff. It is an intimate catered dinner on December 10 at 6 pm. Guests also receive a cash gift, a small Sacred Heart item, and participate in drawings.
What does this mean to you?
- The Schools’ gift-giving policy discourages individual gifts to teachers and staff, and room parents will not collect for group gifts.
- Donating to the breakfast/dinner is your chance to show gratitude to all of the wonderful people who touch your children’s lives every day. The cash gifts and the items for the drawing come from donations made by parents.
How much should I give?
- Donations have ranged from $5 to $500+ per family. Contributions of any amount are deeply appreciated.
- Through the generosity of our parents we were able to give $300 to each full-time employee and $75 to each part-time employee.
- Donations can be submitted online at www.shschicago.org/facultystaffappreciation. If you are giving a check, please make it out to Sacred Heart Schools and earmark it for the Faculty/Staff Breakfast. Attach it to the Check & Gift-in-Kind Donation Form on the front of this page and send to the attention of Heather Yap in the Development Office or drop it off to Heather at the Driehaus.
Can I give gifts-in-kind?
- Yes! Although the main focus of the event is the cash gifts to all employees, gifts-in-kind will go into the raffle drawing.
- In the past, gifts have included hotel or vacation home stays, restaurant gift cards, and tickets to sporting events or the theatre.
- If you are giving a gift-in-kind, please attach it to the Check & Gift-in-Kind Form on the front side of this page, and send your contribution to the attention of Heather Yap in the Development Office.
Can I volunteer?
- Yes! Sign up to volunteer at www.shschicago.org/volunteer. Help is needed decorating the cafeteria the evening before, donating baked goods and fruit, supervising arriving students the morning of the breakfast, serving during the breakfast and cleaning-up afterwards. Volunteers are also needed for the dinner. Parents of 8th grade students (youngest or only student) will have first choice.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please contact Laura Carrillo, Shannon Dorton, Colleen Mansell, Rajita Narain, Sheila Troy & Megan Wedenhammer.