Sacred Heart values and encourages the development of skills and talents in the fine arts, and provides opportunities for students to share what they have learned.
- Sacred Heart offers in-class opportunities to explore the arts as well as After School classes such as individual music and voice lessons, Band, Glee Club and Advanced Choir, Liturgical Choir, and the Theater Performance Workshop for students in grades 4-8. Click here to read more.
- Students use a variety of media in art class, and each year during May "Gallery Night" is held. The school is turned into an art gallery and each student has artwork on display for parents, relatives and friends to see. At the end of the year, a student from each division has a work of art that is chosen to be part of Sacred Heart's "Permanent Collection" and is displayed throughout the year.
- Justice Day, held each January near to Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, gives students the opportunity to explore a social justice topic through the musical, visual and theater arts. Classes are canceled for the entire day, but the learning continues.
- Each spring, a Middle School musical is held (recent past musicals have been: "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat," "Into the Woods Jr." and "The Lion King Jr.") Middle School students audition to perform onstage or they crew off-stage, running lights, sound, props, and serving as the stage manager.
- Entire families get involved in the "Schools Rock Talent Show," and students have the opportunity to perform, serve as emcees or as show crew members. Over the years we have had solo, duet, small and large ensemble acts; children and families who sing, dance, play instruments, recite speeches or poetry, juggle, and perform scenes from or develop original plays or comedy acts.